Saturday 7 January 2012

Last Day in Kamloops

I would rather say that I am emotionally-numb, like Sheldon off Big Band Theory, than admit that I am emotional about leaving Kamloops. In fact, I've convinced quite a few people that I am always up for an adventure and happily leave behind family and friends for months at a time. After all, I've spent the last 4 years moving back and forth every 4 months from Kamloops, to Ryerson University in Toronto to a midwifery placement in Kingston; but somehow, those sad emotions still sneak in. One minute I'm discussing how much aspirin would really be necessary to kill a walrus and the next I'm clutching my cousin/father/friend and using them as a human Kleenex.

So today I've managed to cancel my car insurance, return random clothing to people, return textbooks to work (where I gave my notice), finish university applications and finish packing. Ok...I lied about finishing all those things...but I'm planning to get them done and still have time for dinner out with my family and be ready for my 4:30am flight.


To Avery, remember, you're half way to summer vacation, so keep doing a good job at school.


To Misty and Robbie, mom may say shes ok, but I know you'll check on her anyway, thank you.


To my brother Kienan (who secretly follows my blog) those shoes were really ugly and you can't compare Louis Vuittons to camping shoes, even if they both have red soles.


To Mom and Dad, I'm only a text message to Uganda away, and if that doesn't work you have my permission to pretend I'm working 4 jobs and that's why you never see me.


To Donnie, thank you for trying to "turn off" the water works, and just remember, frat boys need love too so try not to take it out on them ;)


To Matt, you need to send me a video of our awesome TRU promotional clip.


Allison, Brittany, Darby and Holly, you girls are great, good luck with school and I'll see you in 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment