Tuesday 22 May 2012

Pick Up Lines

I thought I would give out the best ones that I have heard ... I hope they work better for you than it did for these men:

"I am a fortune teller. I read eyes, and I can tell that soon you'll be calling me husband."

"I've decided this year I'm going to marry a beautiful woman, so how about it?"

"Do you remember my name? No? Well I have a feeling you will be saying it every morning for the rest of your life."

These lines may seem funny but once you hear them everyday or in business it can wear on you. It is a well known fact that marrying a Muzungu or getting an invitation to another country is often the only reason behind a flirtation. I remember going into a salon and having a man named Kitto do my nails. He was using every line in the book on me, which was especially funny because he was also queer. ( I use the word queer from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Transexual , Two spirited  and Queer (LGBTTQ) gender positive language.)

The idea that a queer man, would attempt to achieve a relationship with me for the purposes of leaving the country really suprised me at the desperation some people feel about living in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment