Tuesday 26 June 2012

First thoughts upon Returning to Canada

1. Why do young Canadian men dress like slobs? They have money to dress up and yet they look like a serious haircut and shirt tucking is in order.

2. Who are all these Muzungus and what are their stories?

3. Noone is asking me who I am, they just want to take my order :(

4. Hot baths are amazing.

5. I love my washer and dryer laundry machines.

6. Everyone is in a hurry and they are stressing themselves out.

7. People are not finishing their meals and enough food to feed a child is being thrown away.

8.
DAVID: Kirsten,do you want to go out for a walk?
ME: No, it is almost dark. (PAUSE) Oh...I guess it is safe to go for a walk in the dark here, isn't it?

9.
HOST MOTHER WENDY: Just go into the grocery store and pick a loaf of bread.
ME: *Stares at 40 identical loafs of whole grain brown bread for 10 minutes.*
HOST MOTHER WENDY:  *takes a picture of the confused woman and picks a loaf of bread.*


10. HOST MOTHER WENDY: What would you like for dinner tonight? Fish, chicken, steak?
ME: Ummm...could I just have some porridge please?


Canada
Uganda

No comments:

Post a Comment